Terms & Conditions of Use
Please read these Terms & Conditions of Use carefully before registering for the LegalStream, LLC (“LegalStream”) web site and Service. These Terms and Conditions of Use (“Agreement”) govern You accessing content and using MYLEGALSTREAM.COM and its affiliate’s web sites and using the LegalStream Service. This Agreement between You (“You”) and LegalStream, LLC (collectively “LegalStream”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”), is subject to change by us as described below.
- MYLEGALSTREAM.COM is owned and operated by LegalStream. MYLEGALSTREAM.COM and its content (“Content”) and the LegalStream service (“Service”) may only be accessed in accordance with this Agreement. Any violation of the copyright in the Content or Agreement may be enforced by LegalStream or the copyright owner to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- LegalStream grants You the nonexclusive, nontransferable, royalty-free right and license to access and use MYLEGALSTREAM.COM and the Service in any manner permitted under this Agreement.
- You acknowledge that use of MYLEGALSTREAM.COM and the Service is to meet Your needs. LegalStream may begin, alter, suspend, and terminate MYLEGALSTREAM.COM or the Service, at any time, with no notice to You.
- You may stop using the Services at any time. You do not need to specifically inform LegalStream when You stop using the Services. You acknowledge and agree that if LegalStream disables access to Your account, You may be prevented from accessing the Services, Your account details or any files or other materials which is contained in Your account.
- LEGALSTREAM DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. NOTHING APPEARING ON MYLEGALSTREAM.COM IS MEDICAL, LEGAL, ACCOUNTING, TAX, COMPLIANCE, OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD NOT USE ANYTHING OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH MYLEGALSTREAM.COM AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR ADVICE PROVIDED BY PROFESSIONALS YOU RETAIN.
- If participating on a paid version of LegalStream (Basic and/or Pro), the following payment terms apply. By submitting Your payment details, You accept and acknowledge that Your credit card will be charged on a monthly basis at the then-current fee for the Service until cancelled by card holder. A receipt will be emailed to You and the monthly charge will appear on Your card statement. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel Your monthly subscription with thirty (30) days written notice. At the time of cancellation, Your recurring credit card charges will cease. LegalStream will not refund or prorate any fee already paid at the time of cancellation. Upon cancellation, You may stay on the LegalStream Network.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by LegalStream, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with LegalStream. You agree that You will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services). Unless You have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with LegalStream, You agree that You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose. You agree that You are solely responsible for (and that LegalStream has no responsibility to You or to any third party for) any breach of Your obligations under this Agreement and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which LegalStream may suffer) of any such breach.
- You understand that all information (such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images) which You may have access to as part of, or through Your use of, MYLEGALSTREAM.COM and the Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such materials originated, which may be You.
- LegalStream reserves all rights not specifically granted herein. You shall not modify any copyright notices, proprietary legends, any trademark and service mark attributions, any patent markings, and other indicia of ownership on the Content or other materials accessed through the Service. The delivery of, and license to, the Content and/or access to third party materials does not transfer to You any commercial or promotional use rights in the Content or any portion thereof. Any use of Content, or descriptions; any derivative use of MYLEGALSTREAM.COM or its materials; and any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools is strictly prohibited. In no event shall the user frame any portion of MYLEGALSTREAM.COM or any materials contained therein.
- While LegalStream uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on MYLEGALSTREAM.COM, LegalStream makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. LegalStream assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or representations in the Content or MYLEGALSTREAM.COM.
- The Software may contain links to other sites on the Internet which are owned and operated by Third Party Vendors and other third parties (the “External Sites”). You acknowledge that LegalStream is not responsible for the availability of, or the materials located on or through, any External Sites. You should contact MYLEGALSTREAM.COM administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if You have any concerns regarding such links or the materials located on such External Sites
- At Your discretion, You may provide feedback to LegalStream concerning the functionality and performance of the Service from time to time, including, without limitation, identifying potential errors, improvements, modifications, bug fixes, or enhancements (“Feedback”). If You, through Your evaluation or otherwise, suggests any Feedback, You hereby assign the ownership in all Feedback to LegalStream. In the event ownership in the Feedback cannot be granted to LegalStream, You grant LegalStream at no charge a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sublicense, distribute, modify, and otherwise exploit such Feedback without restriction. You agree that LegalStream may disclose that Feedback to any third party in any manner and You agree that LegalStream has the ability to sublicense all Feedback in any form to any third party without restriction.
- MYLEGALSTREAM.COM may contain areas in which additional terms and conditions apply. For purposes of the use of such areas, in the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of such other areas and these Terms and Conditions, the terms and conditions of the other area shall prevail. LegalStream may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which You are bound.
- You shall not transmit to LegalStream or upload to MYLEGALSTREAM.COM any Harmful Code or use or misappropriate the data on MYLEGALSTREAM.COM for Your own commercial gain. “Harmful Code” shall mean any software (sometimes referred to as “viruses,” “worms,” “trojan horses,” “time bombs,” “time locks,” “drop dead devices,” “traps,” “access codes,” “cancelbots” or “trap door devices”) that: (a) is intentionally designed to damage, disrupt, disable, harm, impair, interfere with, intercept, expropriate or otherwise impede in any manner, any data, storage media, program, system, equipment or communication, based on any event, including for example but not limited to (i) exceeding a number of copies, (ii) exceeding a number of users, (iii) passage of a period of time, (iv) advancement to a particular date or other numeral, or (v) use of a certain feature; or (b) would enable an unauthorized person to cause such result; or (c) would enable an unauthorized person to access another person’s information without such other person’s knowledge and permission.
- You may not use Your username and password for any unauthorized purpose.
- Customer is solely responsible for compliance with all applicable law, including but not limited to HIPAA for Customer’s own LegalStream account maintenance, configuration, operation and procedures, including but not limited to user/admin account access and security.
- LegalStream may retain and use, information collected in Your use of MYLEGALSTREAM.COM and the Service, provided such information does not individually identify You.
- LegalStream may terminate Your access to MYLEGALSTREAM.COM or the Service for any reason at any time. The provisions that by their nature are designed to survive termination or expiration of this Agreement shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement or Your access to our MYLEGALSTREAM.COM or Service.
- You agree to not use the Service to: (i) Harass, threaten or otherwise cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to a person or entity; (ii) Post or otherwise transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or hateful content or content which is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or which infringes upon the rights of any third party; (iii) Post or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; You do not have the right to transmit, such as information that is subject to a confidentiality agreement between You and another party; contains sexually explicit images or other content that is offensive; is harmful to minors in any way; promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities or promotes physical harm or injury against any group or individual; (iv) Send any unsolicited commercial email, spam, or bulk commercial email; (v) Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity; (vi) violate (intentionally or unintentionally) any applicable local, state, national or international law including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law; (vii) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (viii) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service.
- The materials on MYLEGALSTREAM.COM are provided with “Restricted Rights.” Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in applicable laws and regulations. Use of the materials by the Government constitutes acknowledgment of LegalStream’s proprietary rights in them.
- THE MATERIALS, CONTENT ON MYLEGALSTREAM.COM AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. LegalStream SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS POSTED ON MYLEGALSTREAM.COM OR SERVICES. LegalStream MAKES NO GUARANTEES AS TO UPTIME OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE LAW, LegalStream DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. THE SERVICE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. LegalStream IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS, INCLUDING INTERNET CONGESTION, VIRUS ATTACKS, AND DENIAL OF SERVICE (DOS) ATTACKS.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL LegalStream OR ITS THIRD-PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON MYLEGALSTREAM.COM OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF LEGALSTREAM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. LEGALSTREAM’S AND ITS LICENSORS’ ENTIRE AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED $100, EVEN IF LEGALSTREAM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY. IF YOUR USE OF MATERIALS FROM MYLEGALSTREAM.COM OR THE SERVICE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ANY COSTS THEREOF. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.